Here are some tips on brightening a dark room in your house:
- Skylights offer the ultimate combination of sunlight and an unbeatable view of the sky, night or day. They allow more direct sunlight than traditional windows but offer greater privacy, making them ideal for bathrooms and bedrooms alike. If your bathroom doesn't sit on an outside wall, a skylight might just be the answer to your problems.
- Lighter paint colors can make a room feel bigger and lighter than darker colors. Think whites, yellows, and even light browns.
- Likewise, lighter floor colors can make a room seem more expansive than darker floor colors can. Opt for light-colored carpet, tile, or even hardwood in small rooms.
- Track lighting along ceilings and underneath cabinets or shelves can work wonders at brightening areas of the room that have no space for table lamps and floor lamps and where no windows exist.
- Mirrors can be stationed throughout the room to reflect both sunlight and artificial lighting, lighting and brightening the room instantly.
- Replace interior doors with windowed doors to allow light from the rest of the house into your darkest room.
If your room needs some extra lighting, we can help. Contact us.